Wednesday, July 27, 2011

ahhh summer

Spot illustration from "My Dog Bauer is a Thief" - watercolor & pencil by Lisa M Griffin
Summer is my favorite season. I am never more happy than sitting all warm and cozy in sunshine... preferably near a body of water and under a blue sky! :)
We've busy this summer - my sketch book is being toted around a lot - need to get those creative musings on paper whenever possible. Plus some great new creative happenings are on the horizon, so I need to keep the artistic ball rolling. Never mess with momentum!

UPDATE: Three Muses Challenge for theme JAR. :)

Have a creative week,
Lisa

11 comments:

Diana Evans said...

oh this is summer all in a bottle!!! lovely work Lisa.......Congrats on the upcoming book!!! so exciting!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana. :)

Sherry Carrigan said...

Love love love dragonflies. Beautiful!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I agree, they are one of my favorite creatures (right along side butterflies) to illustrate. Thanks for the visit ladies!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

You have so captured summer in this illustration. Love all that wonderful detail. I love it! Hope that all is well with you.
Best to you and the family

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Vanessa my dear! :)

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful illustration and the perfect way to capture summer!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hi Joni, thanks for the visit and comments. Hope your doing well. :)

Eric Barclay said...

You've captured summer! Wonderful shading and composition.

Bella Sinclair said...

Beautiful! You've captured summer perfectly. Love the bright greens and yellows. Looks like you had a very busy and fruitful and wonderful summer. YAYYY!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Love the summer theme, wonderful piece of art.