Thursday, August 18, 2011

Guest Post

I was given the opportunity to write a guest post over on The Creative Penn (a great resource for people interested in book publishing/marketing). The author of the blog was interested in how authors who were planning to self-publish a story could find an illustrator. Understanding how this is a sensitive subject to many, I thought this would be a great opportunity to outline a few tips on children's book publishing - what goes into the production of a book, costs, time, etc - from my perspective as an illustrator. The article which ran last week seems to have met with some interesting responses. ;)

If you have a moment, you can read How to Find an Illustrator for your book here. I am open to your comments/feedback on the article as well. :)

Quick side note: when I wrote the article I had not come across two wonderful sites that I recently joined and am happy to be part of. Do check them out!
http://www.thatsmyfolio.com  and  http://www.sunshinesmilepublications.co.uk

Have a great, creative week!
Lisa