Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gorgeous Portfolio

My new "Dragonfly Water Porfolio" & Moleskin cover (handmade by artbeco.etsy.com)

Look what arrived in the mail today! I had read about this wonderful Etsy shop on SCBWI when a member had written an article about a portfolio she had purchased to showcase her work.
Dragonfly button.... just gorgeous!

Upon visiting artbeco I fell in love with the  portfolios & moleskin covers. From the batik prints right down to the eclectic selection of buttons used to close them. I placed a custom order for a design with a stunning dragonfly button. My very favorite winged creatures... dragonflies & butterflies, so the design certainly spoke to the artist in me.
lots of pockets to fill... even in this matching Moleskin cover (covers by artbeco.etsy.com)

The owner of artbeco, Beckett, did not disappoint. The portfolio is even more beautiful in person. It arrived quickly and was packaged with care, including a few surprises that made me feel like a child on Christmas morning. The cover wrap has lots of pockets for storage inside and fits the portfolio perfectly.
One of my illustrations in its new "happy home"

I thought to share this wonderful find since so many of "my blog family" are creative folks who truly value the quality and craftsmanship of buying handmade. With the holidays fast approaching,  you might just find something to add to your own wish list. I treated myself a bit early... but then again, I have been a very good girl this year! And now I am off to fill up my gorgeous new portfolio with a selection of my favorite illustrations.
Have a great day,
Lisa

PS - And if you have a favorite Etsy shop that you would like to share, comment away. I love discovering fun new shops and boutiques to visit.

7 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

Wonderful Etsy find!

Thanks for visiting my blog...always nice to see a comment from you. I hope you weren't one of the many w/o power after the storm. We were VERY lucky & didn't lose it at all.

Stay well :)

Beckett Gladney said...

This is incredibly sweet of you, Lisa- thank you! And here's hoping the portfolio helps you get lots of fantastic new work!

Sweet-Lemmon said...

It's gorgeous indeed!

:)

ThaĆ­s Gisele
http://sweet-lemmon.blogspot.com

Krista said...

Lovely! What a gorgeous blue-- looks so pretty with your work! What a fun way to fuel the inspiration.

Linda R. said...

I just love Etsy.. So many wonderful finds there..

Diana Evans said...

oh this is so beautiful Lisa...and a wonderful way to showcase your art!!! I love it....I have to check out that site!!!!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh lisa!

it is so beautiful!

thank you so much for sharing it!