Thursday, July 12, 2012

Busy as a bee...

digital rendering "busy bee" / illustration by Lisa M Griffin
What a whirlwind spring! And the momentum kept right on going into summer. Lots of creative and exciting things happening, including two picture book projects and some wonderful work with a family magazine. I am feeling so blessed with the amazing projects/opportunities that have come my way this year, although it has taken away from my blogging time.  I hope to carve out some more time to visit and explore all the great things that so many of my blog friends are working on as well.
Especially my artist mom/bloggers -  I know it can be hard to balance work, family, and our own  time... but when things all click, it is so worth the effort. Always pursue your dreams, don't give up, things will happen. As one of my favorite animated characters said "just keep swimming".
Have a great week and thanks for your visit,
Lisa

"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations." - Henry David Thoreau


9 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

Always fun to see a comment from you, Lisa...thanks for visiting. Happy summer to you as well :)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Thanks for the uplifting advice, and congrats on all your projects. I love your busy bee!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Your welcome and thank you for your visit. :)

Diana Evans said...

oh be still my heart!!!! you know me and bees!!! this is gorgeous and so great to hear you are busy as a bee!!!!

Paula Kuitenbrouwer said...

Hi, Lisa, such a cute little bee.
Don't forget Illustration Friday, please. Your work will be appreciated there too.
Have a lovely day, Paula

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana!

And yes Paula, it would be great to find the time for IF again. :)

AtelierBrigitte said...

This is such a cute bee.

Lisa M Griffin said...

thank you. :)

marianne said...

Beautiful bee!
Good that nice projects are coming your way! Thats a good way to be busy. All your hard work is finally paying of in success :) Congratulations.
Well and sometimes we are just a bit too busy to blog I guess everyone has these episodes.
Enjoy all these wonderful things dear!