Monday, July 16, 2012

IF- Lost


"Dragonfly" digital watercolor illustration by Lisa M Griffin
My entry for Illustration Friday (LOST) is an illustration I completed of a dragonfly. Dragonflies are one of my favorite things about summer.  I fascinated by the charm and design of these winged creatures who grace our backyard in all shapes, sizes and colors. So, what is the tie in to the theme? It is a dragonfly is said to symbolize that made me choose one for my entry.

Dragonfly is the essence of winds of change & enlightenment. They guide us through the mists of illusion to our true vision. A dragonfly views the world from a variety of angles and adapts to it's surroundings, beginning it's life in the water and ending it in the air.

Who among us hasn't felt misguided or lost, wondering if we on the "right path"... whatever that might be. To me, a dragonfly is a colorful sign to slow down, take a breath, and stay true to myself. A reminder to take a good look at the blessing around me and keep reaching beyond any creative boundries that I have. We are never lost for long. :)

11 comments:

indybev said...

Thank you for your note at Three Muses, Lisa. I've searched through your blogs and haven't found an entry for the Alone challenge, so I guess you just stopped by for a look! I've enjoyed exploring your other work however...it's all so creative! Thanks for stopping by!

FRIZZ said...

GORGEOUS!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank you ladies!

And yes, i love peaking in to see what is going on at Three Muses. :)

AtelierBrigitte said...

Lovely!

studio lolo said...

I love the magic of dragonflies and damselflies! This one is a beauty with its blue wings :)

Thanks so much for your recent visits, Lisa. I appreciate it seeing as I've been so busy lately.♥

Karen Sagovac said...

Gorgeous illo! And I learnt something about dragonflies ... :)

marianne said...

Wow Lisa what a beautiful post in all ways. I also love dragonflies and their symbolic meaning. Yours is very beautiful , and so are the words accompanying the painting.
Thanks for your comments on my blog lately (and on Lo´s) they were very sweet.
I tried to visit your blog earlier this week but it wouldn't load I have that problem a lot lately with blogs and websites.
Thanks for reminding me of the magic of dragonflies today :)
Have a nice day♥

Amy C said...

beautiful illustration and so summery!

Fannie said...

Loved reading this post and your words are inspiring, Lisa--thanks! I especially loved your last paragraph. Your work is lovely as always. Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Lisa Darling!!! How are you? Hope that all is well with you. I see you are really doing your thing with digital illustration. How wonderful. This is beautiful!!! I am, and you know this already, so very proud of you! You are doing it and it's beautiful just watching the whole thing! Awesome work. Keep it up! You are so valuable Lady!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much ladies... your kind words continue to motivate and inspire. :)