Thursday, October 25, 2012

Speed Painting for IF - Sky


digital illustration by Lisa M Griffin

I loved the IF prompt this week... but lots 'o deadlines were preventing me from participating, or so I thought. Decided to try a speed painting exercise today that I had read over in Carolyn Beccia's wonderful digital painting book, which I purchased after watching a  web tutorial that she hosted. Plus I decided to create it around Illustration Friday this week, so two birds/one stone!
Anyway, I had so much fun playing with brushes and textures that when the hour was up, I decided to take my digital exercise into Photoshop and layered a bit of text over it as well.
It was a fun exercise and enabled me to explore Painter even more.... and now back to my deadlines.  :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week.

8 comments:

Tony LaRocca said...

What a sweet and fun picture, good job :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank you very much!

Jenni Price said...

Great job on your illustration Lisa! It's fun, colorful and I like how you placed the whimsical font on the piece. I'm going to look into the book you're talking about...there's so little printed out there about Painter don't you think?

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Jenni! I do agree it is hard to find Corel Painter books. I have purchased two "Digital Painting Fundamentals with Corel Painter 12" and "Digital Painting for the Complete Beginner".

Bella Sinclair said...

This is SPEED paint??? Wow, Lisa, this is wonderful! The paint textures are delightful, and she looks like she is having such a fun adventure. Love the text overlay, too! Good luck with the deadlines. Have a super weekend!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank you so much Bella. Those are high compliments coming from such a talented gal. ;)

marianne said...

Lovely painting!
How great you only did this in one hour!
would make a nice book cover :)
Success with the deadlines ;)
Have a wonderful weekend!
♥M

Fannie said...

That is a speedy painting! Congrats!