Thursday, November 29, 2012

Let it SNOW!!!

Snowman by Lisa M Griffin


Yup... I said it, SNOW! And you know what? I am ready for the white stuff to fall, seriously... and I don't ski or board or snowshoe or any of those other winter activities that most New Englander's participate in this time of year.  I just want that postcard perfect, gorgeous, fluffy White Christmas! Plus the added bonus of watching the kiddo's sledding and playing outside - and preparing warm mugs of cocoa and holiday cookies when they return inside. :)

This illustration is a new little creation that I worked on today between assignments. It felt good to play around on the tablet in Painter - like having the worlds largest art store at my fingertips...

Have a wonderful weekend,
Lisa

12 comments:

marianne said...

What a cute and wonderful image of a snowman this is!
Makes me long for a white Christmas also :)
Have a fun weekend and I will keep my fingers crossed for snow for you
♥M

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Marianne. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well. :)

indybev said...

Thanks for sharing your jaunty little snowman, Lisa. Normally I would be wishing for a snow as well, but since my house is for sale, I'm hoping for a mild winter and an eager buyer!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your Christmas greeting is beautiful. I really love this! Wonderful work. Thanks so much for stopping by.
V

Bella Sinclair said...

Awwwwwwww, he's such a cutie! I'd hug him if I weren't afraid of melting him. I miss the white stuff. Especially when it's falling and all you can hear is thick silence and the crackle of snowflakes landing. Aaaaah.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I think the addition of snow can add to the charm and character of a home. Good luck with your sale and enjoy your weekend.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks ladies for popping by and for your encouragement. Hope you have a wonderful, creative weekend. :)

Lizbethem said...

Cute snowman! Snow showers were forecast for Cape Cod today but, so far, none:(

Lisa M Griffin said...

And it is SNOWING here today... not to heavy, but enough to make the neighborhood look festive. :)

Marleen Kuiper said...

What a lovely card, it make's me smile! I even hope for white Christmas here in the Netherlands, it's so cozy, I hope with you!

Jenni Price Pancake Art said...

Wow this really turned out nice! Keep up the great work!

BTW: I agree with you about needing morning coffee....daytime coffee and anytime coffee is good to! hehe!

studio lolo said...

This is delightful!! So cheerful and happy. I love the moon/lamplight as a backdrop for the bird.

Thanks for your visits:)
Always nice to hear from you!