Friday, June 7, 2013

Delightful Children's Art


Illustration by Timmy

Illustration by Jack
I recently did a school visit and visited several classrooms to read stories to the students and talk about my work as an illustrator. It is always fun to answer their many thoughtful questions and just soak in that young, bountiful energy!

For the younger students, I invited them to create their own cover illustration after sharing the story "The Golden Butterfly" with them. Here are a few of the designs that students sent back to me. Aren't they charming! It is so much fun to view the world through a child's eyes and these illustrations just made me smile.
Enjoy your weekend everyone and a big THANK YOU to these talented young artists, Jack & Timmy!

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Absolutely precious! Awwww :)

Danielle said...

Timmy was so excited about having you come into the classroom! Thanks for encouraging his inner artist! He was very proud to see his work "published" on the blog :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Lisa. I love the kids' art...how can you not? The reason I have saved SO much of my boys' creations through the years!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Aren't they too cute!

Danielle, I am thrilled that Timmy had fun, it was a delightful experience for me as well. :)

Jenni Price illustration said...

Sounds like a fun time that you had sharing illustration with children!