Friday, November 15, 2013

An afternoon at the Eric Carle Museum

Meeting Chris Van Allsburg at the Eric Carle Museum
I had to share the lovely afternoon that I spent with my daughter at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. We drove out to hear Chris Van Allsburg speak (amazing) and then we attended the book signing to have him autograph a few of his books... so hard to choose, since I have quite the collection. :)
He was a dapper gentlemen, eloquent and composed with a bit of quirk that I just loved.
It is always inspiring to meet a true legend in the industry, and he is one that I have long admired. When you have such an encounter or are able to immerse yourself in an afternoon as delightful as this one, you would be hard-pressed not to feel recharged in your own creative journey.  Even more remarkable, that I had this experience and now the memories, of this magical afternoon alongside my daughter.


4 comments:

studio lolo said...

I love love LOVE that museum! And I admire van allsburg as an illustrator too.

Thanks for your visits, Lisa. Always nice to see you there ♥

Lisa M Griffin said...

And thank you for your visit as well. :)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I have been wanting to go and visit! How awesome! Good for you ladies! Thanks so much for stopping Lisa. Wishing you a Happy Holiday!

Jenni Price illustration said...

Yeah, he's an amazing illustrator...so awesome for you and your daughter to have this experience!