Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Trust the Magic of New Beginnings


Each morning I start my day with 30 minutes of personal art. I make my coffee, greet my family and walk into my studio space to enjoy this time of exploration and play. I don't check my email or open a browser window, there are no distractions. My focus is on creating something that I want. Maybe it will end up in my portfolio, or here on my blog... or maybe not. It is more about giving myself the space to enjoy art for the simple joy of it and stepping outside of my comfort zone to see what develops.
Do not believe that there is no time in your day for what is truly calling you. All it takes is a conscious decision to start - trust in the process and just begin.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale

2 comments:

Jenni Price illustration said...

This is a neat idea. Do you mainly sketch? Or do you do other things for 30 minutes like sculpt or paint, etc?

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hi Jenni,
It is a great way to get in a creative habit and focus on what is important. Mostly I do sketch but then I can scan them in and play with those sketches online. Try it out and let me know how it works for you. :)