Sunday, February 1, 2015

A few of my favorite things...

I love when fellow artists share their creative process, tools or books, so I thought that I would start the week with a few of my favorite things that I am using in the studio now. Some are recent discoveries and others are tried and true "must-haves".




OHTO Graphic Liner Needle Point Drawing Pen
This is a recent discovery and I love 'em! Great tip, smooth line, a quality pen especially if you do a lot of inking/linework.

Koh-I-Noor Mephisto Mechanical Pencil
My absolute, hands-down, favorite mechanical pencil. Smooth, comfy rubber grip, excellent craftsmanship... it is my big splurge and the best mechanical pencil I have
EVER used.

Uni Boxy Eraser - Black
Erases like no other... I still love my kneaded erasers and have several on my desk, but they don't compare to this little guy. Fun new find!


Yogi Tea, Egyptian Licorice
One word, YUMMY! Perfect as my winter studio, tasty, treat. Plus I love those little inspirations on the tag, warms the heart and keeps me happy and energized in the studio.

myPantone app
I totally dig this, so many great functions for the artist with access to color libraries and palettes on the go. PLUS You can capture and extract colors from photos and snap to the closest PANTONE Color. E-mail color palettes that can be used in the Adobe (.ase files).


Digital Painting
Caryln Beccia is a wonderful digital artist who has written several books on digital painting, she is an amazing teacher and rather technology savy to boot. "Digital Painting for the Complete Beginner" is a wonderful resource for all things painting digital and goes through the basics+. With tutorials and tips for both Photoshop and Corel Painter for the digital artist, what I would consider a must have for the studio library.

Would love to hear if you have used/tried any of these items... or share a favorite creative tool, tea or book in the comments below.

Have a great day!
Lisa


4 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Oh what a great post!!! love this with all of your favorite things Lisa...only problem is now I have that song in my head....whiskers on kittens....lol!!! Have a wonderful day!!! we all got snowed in!!! love it!!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

LOL, you are too funny. THanks for your visit and enjoy your day as well.

Jenni Price illustration said...

Which program do you digitally paint with Lisa? I like Painter but I haven't updated it in a long time! I still have Corel Painter X

Lisa M Griffin said...

Jenni, I am on Painter 12 but have been eyeing the new version. :)